I work with clients on a one-to-one basis using a variety of methods to teach alignment and functional movement. I will show you how to sit, stand, walk and move well in order to rehab injuries, reduce pain and allow you to lead an active, pain free life. I use a whole-body approach rather than spot treating issues.
- Improve your daily movement habits reducing wear and tear on the body
- Learn how to perform functional movements properly to move better through life
- Improve your form and technique in your sport or gym workouts
- Understand how your gait pattern may be contributing to your aches and pains and how to address this
- Enhance whole body health, increase circulation and metabolism and decrease pain and inflammation
Your first session will involve a full biomechanical assessment of your body and gait analysis. I will then prescribe a set of corrective exercises specific to your needs.
A functional core is essential for whole body health. When the core is compromised it can create a whole host of issues further up and down the chain. To address a core issue we therefore need to take a whole body approach rather than just working the abdominals in isolation. I am a Restorative Exercise Specialist and Restore Your Core Teacher and specialise in healing core issues such as diastasis recti and pelvic organ prolapse. In my one to one sessions I assess the overall alignment of the body, movement habits and compensations, gait patterns, breathing mechanics and the ability for the deep core musculature to fire appropriately in order to rehabilitate the core back to optimum health.
Restore Your Core is a method to retrain our core and pelvic floor muscles to be functional, reflexive, responsive and supportive to our body. Restore Your Core helps you learn to move better, exercise better, uncover movement compensation patterns and create new patterns of strength, mobility, length and support.
In our sessions you will learn:
- How to reduce intra-abdominal pressure to restore a functional core
- Corrective exercises for your posture and alignment that reduce stress and strain on your core and pelvic floor
- Exercises that restore core and pelvic floor function
- Breathing patterns that support ideal core and pelvic floor function
- And a plethora of tips to help you get the most out of your exercises and daily movements